I'm working on a manual for the shop I train for in Ann Arbor. I want to make sure I don't get things wrong. Could some of you help me by periodically checking it out and leaving me feedback to some rough drafts I'll be posting at the following web address?
http://billykangas.blogspot.com

I want to make sure I'm not part of the problem!

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

It is a hard work, and not many people are interested in it, I suppose.

And, there are many mistakes in the world coffee industry, and it is almost impossible to avoid mistakes, IMHO.
Yeah... thats why I need you guys. Things change faster then I can keep track of. I want this thing to be relevant and reliable, but at the same time accessible for someone completely new to the world of coffee.
As far as quality, what I've read is good. As a consultant for many industry companies the fact of customer service and safety and security are often overlooked. If you make the best espresso or latte but your an asshole or to cool for me chances are you'll not going to have the business you deserve. If you have the business but you employees are not trained to handle cash properly and safely then you losses increase every moment of every day. Most companies go out of business because of poor cash handling procedures.
Our market place today promotes mediocre shops. That's where shops like yours find their niche in the high quality. So my suggestion would be as difficult as it might be add how to interact and treat customers into your manual. Also you should have a standard operating procedures for cash.

Here's the only usefull link I could find.
http://www.mwr.navy.mil/trainingresources/nuggets/Cash_Handling.ppt
Hi Billy,
Read what you have done so far. Seems fine. Have you started on the next section. Are you going to cover topics like extraction time and appearance of product in cup. I have some nice pictures of under, over & perfect extraction if you want them.
Damian.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service