What commercially available espresso blends have inspired you?

Views: 161

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing Chris. Some of us are so busy that forums like this are the only way to connect with others in the biz. So much to learn about the amazing bean not to mention the business in general.
Cheers,
Joe
Breathing some new life into this thread…

Just paid a visit to the Victrola Roasting location in Seattle this week--I'm going to put the spotlight on their Streamline Espresso. Thick, viscous, sweet…it was firing on all cylinders for me.
Well , I'm am for sure inspired by this retail jpg here. I want that blend so I can reverse engineer it. Sweeeeeet.
Joe
Well Joe - I've moved away from the Brazils in my espresso and started using Colombian - I found crazy buttery, lemony flavor with lots of body from my colombian. My other two beans are Ethiopian Yirgi and a Guat. I played around with adding a nice sumatra and changing all the ratios around and it was VERY good...perhaps I'll lable it! My current espresso "Black Smoke" is the earlier one noted. Not sure what I would call this...? Love this thread!!!

:-))
Chris,
do I understand this thread correctly? Redtail is your blend described above? If so I thank you for sharing. I can only dream about the taste and mouth feel. I tasted two blends from http://www.norwestcoffee.com/
Mike McGinness's shop in Vancouver Washington day before yesterday. He is on this list and very active. Great coffee roaster. Nice shots, both blends very different. One a 3 bean and one a 5 bean blend. Good thing he didn't share more with me because after my one coffee of the day I'd probably spill my guts. Just kidding. Sharing my blends is one thing. I totally understand proprietary blends and the need to keep some things under wraps. I just sold a private label account. Simple blend but it belongs to her and her company. I am such a green bean when it comes to blending and choosing origin characteristics to enhance your blend.
Chris, do you have any experience using Robusta in your espresso blends?
Joe
--
Ambassador for Specialty Coffee and palate reform.

Chris Cockrell said:
Well Joe - I've moved away from the Brazils in my espresso and started using Colombian - I found crazy buttery, lemony flavor with lots of body from my colombian. My other two beans are Ethiopian Yirgi and a Guat. I played around with adding a nice sumatra and changing all the ratios around and it was VERY good...perhaps I'll lable it! My current espresso "Black Smoke" is the earlier one noted. Not sure what I would call this...? Love this thread!!!

Thanks Joe,. I like that photo too. It's a nice shot of my Redtail and Vetrano working together. The Redtail is Daterra Espresso Reserve from Brazil, Guatemalan, Costa Rican, Ethiopian Sidamo and a touch of Kenya AA. I have tried Robusta in an Italian Blend with Sumatra as the base, but I didn't spend much time on it. It's supposed to add crema as well as an extra caffeine punch, but I didn't notice any more crema.
NO - no experiance with Robusta and I'm not going there...I've been in the arguments and I just don't need it in my espresso. To much good coffee out there to go that route.

:-)

Joseph Robertson said:
Chris,
do I understand this thread correctly? Redtail is your blend described above? If so I thank you for sharing. I can only dream about the taste and mouth feel. I tasted two blends from http://www.norwestcoffee.com/
Mike McGinness's shop in Vancouver Washington day before yesterday. He is on this list and very active. Great coffee roaster. Nice shots, both blends very different. One a 3 bean and one a 5 bean blend. Good thing he didn't share more with me because after my one coffee of the day I'd probably spill my guts. Just kidding. Sharing my blends is one thing. I totally understand proprietary blends and the need to keep some things under wraps. I just sold a private label account. Simple blend but it belongs to her and her company. I am such a green bean when it comes to blending and choosing origin characteristics to enhance your blend.
Joe
--

Chris Cockrell said:

Joe - did you try coffee from Nor-west coffee or Northwest? I've had Northwest espresso and it was GREAT! And it was colombian based! :-)

Chris

Joseph Robertson said:
Chris,
Joe
--

Chris Cockrell said:

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service