Hi:

I never roasted before but I'm planing to do it in the near future. I'm curious about something. If I have a profile for some kind of coffee and it work grate with a 8oz home roasting machine, can I apply the same principles for a 500lb batch in an industrial machine that can handle that amount?

Second question, las week I visited a roaster to see the process for my self. He explained to me that this time he will roast for a half and hour and lower temperature instead of 15 minutes because he had 500lb this time and not the usually 250. Can this be done?

I know that there are some limits in temperature for some kind of roast, but how much is the longest I can roast with out degrading the quality of the bean? For example, I wonder if some particular roast need to bee in 18 minutes no meter is a 10lb batch or 500lb.

Sorry, my English is not very well.

Kind regards,
Edwin

Views: 35

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service