I've been collating information for my coffee shop (still a few months away). I have to decide whether to go for a 2 group or a 3 three group.
When looking at the literature, the 2 groups seem impressive (160 Cups of Cappuccino Per Hour ). I appreciate there are a number of factors involved. Maybe the following could help.
1) There will be 20-25 covers in the coffee shop.
2) Takeaway crowd will be catered for.
3) Breakeven point is 200 cups a day (but of course we are looking to build on that)
4) The usual peak periods apply
5) We are going to supply tea as well, but haven't decided if I am going to draw the hot water from the espresso machine orr a separate hot water boiler
Thank you in advance again
do you have a grinder(s) that can keep up with 3 groups?
ive been in a alot of shops that get really busy, they have 3 or 4 group machines. guess what... they only use two
how many baristas are on bar and how experienced are they? if you have one good person, they can run 2 groups. if youve got 2 good people(that work well together) then they can use 3
After a rush with a three or four group you can down one or two for cleaning leaving two up just in case get hit with another rush. When that one clean move on to the next. Keeps shot quality higher thoughout the day.