I do not really have time to do it, but it really makes sense.

Many things can be learnt from the results of such mathematics. If any one would like and have time to do it, let us have a talk about it.

Views: 127

Replies to This Discussion

Peter, What do you mean by coffee mathematics? What are the questions you'd want answered?
In fact, it is something related with the economy and the marketing. In most cases, one use only simple calculation, and maybe higher mathematics calculation may help, too.

There are questions about the market and the the economy, and one can get some results from simple calculation, to help us to know more about the market.

The most important is to have the questions, which may give us or help us to know the market better.

For example, we can fix a standard of the price for a cup of coffee, respectively for espresso or drip coffee and cappuccino. If a coffee (espresso or drip coffee) cost 1 buck, and a cappuccino cost 1.5 bucks, would people pay for it, in case one have 1-2 cups per day. For a month, one has to pay 30-60 bucks for a coffee, and 45-90 bucks for cappuccino per month. How much does it take the percentage of one's salary? Or would people pay for it? What they prefer?

Is that clear? Or does it make sense?
If I understand you correctly (which I may not), you are interested in customers' buying habits. What is their price point where they'll stop buying coffee regularly?

You certainly want an economist for this type of work. It isn't quite as simple as: price of cup and person's salary. If it were, we'd have little of sociologists, anthropologists and economists! I would suspect you'd also need to sample the population to find out exactly how people will respond.

Am I understanding you correctly?
Happy Friday!

Peter Tam said:
In fact, it is something related with the economy and the marketing. In most cases, one use only simple calculation, and maybe higher mathematics calculation may help, too.

There are questions about the market and the the economy, and one can get some results from simple calculation, to help us to know more about the market.

The most important is to have the questions, which may give us or help us to know the market better.

For example, we can fix a standard of the price for a cup of coffee, respectively for espresso or drip coffee and cappuccino. If a coffee (espresso or drip coffee) cost 1 buck, and a cappuccino cost 1.5 bucks, would people pay for it, in case one have 1-2 cups per day. For a month, one has to pay 30-60 bucks for a coffee, and 45-90 bucks for cappuccino per month. How much does it take the percentage of one's salary? Or would people pay for it? What they prefer?

Is that clear? Or does it make sense?

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service