All members are asked to please introduce yourself to the group; who you are, what you do, your interest in or experience with Cup of Excellence.

Thanks.

Views: 64

Replies to This Discussion

Hello -

My name is Spencer. I have twice been an International Juror for Brasil and found the experience to be amazing, fun, educational, eye-opening, and very emotional. I have been an active supporter of the program for many years.

In 2007 I was appointed to the Advisory Council where I work on organziational projects and operational issues.

I am a green coffee importer in the US and very active in the SCAA, NCA and USBC events.

All the best,
I am really fascinated by CoE and would love to be able to become more involved with the program. I love what it is doing to promote quality in the industry and how it is pushing farmers to become more focused on quality. It's exciting to see where coffee is headed isn't it?

If you have information on how I can become more involved with CoE please contact me.
Hello Bryan -

Are you already a member of Cup of Excellence? Have you particiapted as a member of a Jury or as a bidder at auction?

How would you like to become more involved?
No I'm not involved with a jury or a bidding group or anything like that and on a baristas wage I can't really afford to become a community member right now, but becoming part of juries and being able to at least watch the bidding and things like that would be really cool.
Hi I'm Tim. I've been on one jury and I'm slated for a second in Bolivia this fall. Our company has been buying CoE coffees for several years and we have had some really great experiences. Typically we use buying groups as the lots are a bit too big for us.

I am a strong supporter of the idea that a roaster can learn a ton about coffee by joining ACE, getting the CoE samples and doing nothing more than cupping them. You get a sense of the high level of quality that each origin is capable of producing and the detailed cultivar/elevation/regional data will further expand on coffee understanding.
Hi-
I'm the Coordinator and point person for El Salvador CoE. I started with the 2008 edition, and looking forward to see what 2009 will bring us...
Thanks to all our international cuppers, supporters, buyers, bidders and staff this year was record breaking for El Salvador and we sure will keep on working hard to beat those numbers again next year!
Nice to see you all here.
Regards,
Maria Jose Huezo
Hi All,

Iam COE Coordinator for Bolivia, last saturday was the award ceremony, we had 2 presidential coffees, but in general the coffees were outstanding.

Feel free to ask any questions,

Regards

Jorge
Good luck at the auction Jorge...
Cheers,
MJ

Jorge Valverde said:
Hi All,

Iam COE Coordinator for Bolivia, last saturday was the award ceremony, we had 2 presidential coffees, but in general the coffees were outstanding.

Feel free to ask any questions,

Regards

Jorge
Hi-

I'm Melanie. I'm working on opening my first cafe', but I've been following the auctions for a couple years while trying to following quality and pricing trends.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service