panini grills-how to deal with the smoke in a kitchen with no windows?????????

Hey guys, just trying to find out your ideas on how to deal with the greasy smoke from a panini grill in a closed kitchen...THANKS!!

Views: 1850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They've started requiring shops in our area to install vents in kitchens that use sandwich grills. This is really the only way I know of to deal with greasy smoke - an externally vented hood.
We don't have any smoke. Not sure what kind of grill you are using and will have to find out what ours is. We make sure it is free of any grime, clean it every night and rarely use any "pam".
if the grill is new, you will have to burn off the layer of grease for several hours while scraping it with a wire brush. Then "season" it with a layer of olive oil. This will burn for a while and create a wicked smoke.

If you having trouble with smoke from the olive oil from the sandwich seasoning, you can use a 10x10 piece of foil and wrap the sandwich in before putting it on the grill. It still makes the grill marks as long as enough pressure is applied and heats it just as well. The only downside is the extra waste and adding a few cents to your COG.

What Brady said is very true. Certain areas require the hoods now, but most towns still don't. They work very well, but they are very costly. I think you will be alright in Hannibal without one.
Sounds like my apartment. I just unplug the smoke detector and hope for the best.
I hardly have any smoke when i use my grill to make panini's at home and my vent is useless. I just make sure my panini is as dry as possible on the outside to avoid the smokeproblem.
Is it feasible or would your landlord allow you to install any windows? I can't see having that cost more than $1k (versus 8-20k for a hood)

Hey Carrie! You don’t happen to know the brand of your panini maker is?

Carrie said:

We don't have any smoke. Not sure what kind of grill you are using and will have to find out what ours is. We make sure it is free of any grime, clean it every night and rarely use any "pam".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service