Does anyone know any good coffee shops in England? Some friends and I, are planning on moving there to start one up... Any experience? Let me know!!!

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

UK is filled with chains, Sbux, costa and Nero are the biggest.

If you visit the below link below there is an incomplete map of great UK coffee shops.
In my experience Monmouth coffee in london are fantastic, and i believe square mile, of WBC fame are looking to open a coffee house at some point in the future. Flat white in soho are great and have just opened a second unit.

also in Wadebridge, cornwall you can find a deli called relish run by the current UK barista champion and his partner.

you'll find more info if you look through the uk forum and chat to some of the guys there. We need more great coffee houses to kick our 'third wave' up a gear!

http://www.coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92
Yea I've spent some time in the UK, and that is all I found - Cafe Nero, Sbux, and Costa Coffee. We have been researching different independents in the UK and have only found 2 that seem somewhat legit. Malt Cross in Nottingham and Cafe Kino in Bristol.

Do you know anything about how to start a coffee shop in England?
There are a growing number of great independents in the UK.

I would recommend frequenting some of the Coffee Forums in the UK, such as Coffee Forums UK, TooMuchCoffee, CoffeeGeek and CoffeeTime to get a feel and check out the cafe reviews sections.

In London there are at least 10 cafes that I could recommend

Life in the provinces is a different story, with maybe 1 and sometimes 2 decent independants operating in a smaller city.

There are some good baristas working at the chain stores as well and it is a case of finding one who goes outside of the standard issue procedure (every now and then ;) to hand craft a nice coffee.

Where did you intend moving to?
Well, I have spent a good amount of time in Colchester, Nottingham, and London. So, hopefully one of those, but one my friends who is going over with me has family in Bristol, which makes it a possibility. We just need to figure out how - loans, obtaining a location, hiring, setting up a business in the UK, etc.

Glenn Watson said:
There are a growing number of great independents in the UK.

I would recommend frequenting some of the Coffee Forums in the UK, such as Coffee Forums UK, TooMuchCoffee, CoffeeGeek and CoffeeTime to get a feel and check out the cafe reviews sections.

In London there are at least 10 cafes that I could recommend

Life in the provinces is a different story, with maybe 1 and sometimes 2 decent independants operating in a smaller city.

There are some good baristas working at the chain stores as well and it is a case of finding one who goes outside of the standard issue procedure (every now and then ;) to hand craft a nice coffee.

Where did you intend moving to?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service