All Discussions Tagged 'extraction' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lever-Driven Espresso Machines--Adjustments?

Hi All! Our cafe just opened, and we decided to go with an Astoria Gloria Lever-driven espresso machine. While she's very sleek and very se…

Started by Jennifer Graham

14 May 23, 2018
Reply by Jason

Brew Ratio?

What ratio are you pulling at, and include specs on your setup if you can. I'm curious to see if different machines require different brew…

Started by Will Clow

0 Feb 22, 2017

Can I have a full definition of under and over extracted espresso?

I hear these phrases thrown around a lot, and have even used them myself, but I've never fully understood what an over extracted and an und…

Started by Joshua Dittmer

6 May 17, 2014
Reply by gera davidson

fresh roasted beans vs old ones

hi to you all. I would like to first thank you all for the great info and idea on this site. I work at 3 different cafe's at the moment wit…

Started by gera davidson

5 Apr 12, 2013
Reply by gera davidson

Need to bloom in drip vs. full immersion brewing

I had a lovely chat with the trainer from New Harvest Coffee today, and we had a small variance of opinion on this topic. From my understan…

Started by Daniel Demers

3 Dec 30, 2012
Reply by Brady

Switching from Triple to Double shop

I am considering switching from a triple to double shot baskets in our shop and was looking for any advice from some more experienced baris…

Started by Jesse Cox

0 Jul 16, 2012

the tamp

I still hear people talking a lot of talk about how a harder or lighter tamp will affect the flow rate of a shot. I'd have to disagree from…

Started by Chandler Rentz

40 Nov 8, 2011
Reply by Matthew

Tamping Procedures

So I was just wondering how everybody here tamps their espresso.  I am thinking about trying to streamline the process my shop uses which g…

Started by Eric Tomeo

6 Jul 5, 2011
Reply by Ryan Brown

Am I doing our espresso drinks right?

So we bought our shop, no training or anything (we ain't gots the fundage). I've scoured the internets, learnt myself the "4 M's" of coffee…

Started by Tim Flebbe

16 Oct 5, 2010
Reply by Lisa Kettyle

Syrups and Espresso

Don't get me wrong, syrups are for the cosmetic connoisseur but when I have to, I like to have my espresso pulled straight into the syrup o…

Started by illudereludere

28 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Bryan Wray

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service