All Discussions Tagged 'barista' (157)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Furthering one's coffee involvement in Portland, OR...

Hi all, I'm a barista in Portland, Oregon. I've been in the industry for four or five years now and am curious to hear how some of you be…

Started by Joseph Stout

6 Jul 31, 2013
Reply by Cathy Zellmer

Am I looking for you? Are you looking for Us?

Life's Too Short to Drink Bad Coffee. Do you believe and live that? Coffee has always been about being a Culinary experience since the firs…

Started by Mike McGinness

0 Jul 4, 2013

Can you tamp harder than 30lbs?

I recently heard from a Schomer seminar that you physically can only tamp coffee so compact and that it is more consistent to always tamp h…

Started by Aaron Jordan

6 Dec 26, 2012
Reply by Mike Sabol

Necessary Experience

Specifically what experience are you looking for when interviewing potential roasters? I have been a barista for 3 years and want to leave…

Started by Elizabeth White

7 Dec 23, 2012
Reply by will frith

Up and Coming Coffee Shop and Roastery called thirty-thirty Coffee Co. looking for experienced barista/roaster

Hello!  If anyone is in the Illinois area or looking to move to the Midwest, we are looking to take resumes for employment.  We have been…

Started by Ty Paluska

3 Nov 29, 2012
Reply by Daniel Williamson

Recognizing Employees

Want to recognize great performance by employees....ideas? Gift certificates, Employee of the Month, etc......

Started by V lawhead

14 Nov 2, 2012
Reply by Johnny Steverson

THE PERFECT ESPRESSO

Hey Bxer's! I was always a pour-over/french-press/siphon/anything BUT espresso kind of guy. As of late I have found the validity in becomin…

Started by Aaron Jordan

0 Oct 16, 2012

Thump Coffee

Artisan quality coffee, including seasonal varietals expertly prepared using French press, drip and espresso methods.  Killer non-coffee be…

Started by Mark Christopher Olsen

0 Apr 11, 2012

SW USBC - More competitors than any other region?

Hello, fellow baristas. I would like to start a discussion about the SW competition coming up in less than a month, in order to perhaps see…

Started by Macallie Atkinson

1 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Andy Kwon

Coffee Drinks - A Book by Michael Turback

Cool! I just received my promo copy of "Coffee Drinks" by Michael Turback, published by Ten Speed Press. The book is very cool, and is fill…

Started by Matt Milletto

3 Dec 18, 2011
Reply by Alex Meece

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service